The CSPA Department of Utopian Arts and Letters (DUAL) is a project of the Centre for Sustainable Arts. It is a project of public dreaming born out of desires for decolonization, climate justice, and collective liberation. It envisions Plural Utopias Of the Future (PUOF), each imagined through the radical thinking of diverse artists. DUAL operates within, across, and beyond official governmental and academic departments to empower us with visions of the future to work towards and the necessary “curricula” to dismantle the systems that stand in our way. It offers a free, public education for thriving futures designed by community expert artist “faculty” and organized by counterpart “librarians.”
This Project Assistant will provide administrative and organizational services and support to the Department of Utopian Arts and Letters (DUAL) Project and editorial support for CSPA Publications including DUAL, the CSPA Quarterly and CSPA Reports. In this role, you will work independently utilizing business knowledge, experience, copy, and administrative expertise to deliver value and support the contributions of the DUAL Project and CSPA leadership Team(s). This role is privy to senior leadership matters, communications, correspondence, documents, and decision items and is required to exercise a high level of confidentiality, discretion, diplomacy, and sound judgment.
Project Assistant Job Responsibilities:
- Provides administrative and editorial support to ensure efficient operation of CSPA Projects.
- Maintain the CSPA filing system on Google Drive.
- Support and provide moderation on Mighty Networks learning platform for DUAL program.
- Coordinate deliverables with artist contributors, graphic designer, and media production contractors.
- Work alongside DUAL project librarian and CSPA editors to plan, implement, and manage publication schedules.
- Proofreading manuscripts to identify any grammatical and spelling errors, and ensure accuracy and consistency in citations.
- Assist with budget preparation and expense tracking.
- Assist with the creation of reports and presentations, transcription of minutes from meetings.
Qualifications for Project Assistant
- Prior administrative experience with clerical, secretarial, or office work in a non-profit arts environment
- Prior experience and interest in environmental issues in the arts.
- Proficient computer skills, including Google Suite and Slack
- Ability to cultivate additional computer skills quickly, in particular Mighty Networks community learning platform.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High degree of attention to detail
- Data entry experience
TO APPLY: https://www.goodwork.ca/jobs/administrative-and-communications-jobs-with-arts-organizations-67109