Tamarack’s Community Climate Transitions team is hosting its second annual gathering November 14-15, 2023 around the theme of courage. We know that responding to the climate crisis at the necessary speed and scale requires fearlessness and tenacity, particularly when dismantling and re-designing the colonial, extractive, and oppressive systems that fuel it in the first place.
We’ll explore how we can be courageous leaders pushing for bold, inclusive, and equitable climate transitions in our communities and courageously leading with care and love. We will remain grounded in the power of place, highlighting examples of local place-based partnerships that have been able to achieve change at level unattainable by a single actor or sector.
Communities Taking Climate Action: Leading Courageously will take place virtually, with in-person meet-ups in several locations across the country where participants can connect with one another and deepen local capacity.
This highly anticipated event will bring together 200+ diverse advocates and changemakers from the municipal, nonprofit, community, and private sectors, in addition to resident-led groups engaged in transition efforts.
Join us to:
- Collectively unpack the intersections of climate, racial, income, gender, and other forms of inequity;
- Learn how to build intersectional campaigns that target concurrent issues such as housing affordability, poverty and inequality, and the climate crisis;
- Explore examples of how communities have aligned local resources and assets towards shared goals, building cross-sector, multigenerational partnerships that centre the voices of those with lived experience;
- Connect with renowned experts, who will share knowledge and insights on a range of topics related to bold and courageous climate action;
- Attend inspiring keynote speeches and panel discussions showcasing leading examples from across Turtle Island of how collaborative efforts are having a real impact when it comes to achieving an equitable climate transition; and
- Exchange ideas, success stories, and failures with others in interactive workshops and expert-led masterclasses.